One in three of us will get cancer and it’s the toughest thing most of us will ever face. If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, or a loved one has, you’ll want a team of people in your corner supporting you every step of the way. Macmillan provide practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care.
Marie Curie Cancer Care is a UK charity dedicated to the care of people with terminal cancer and other illnesses. Over the financial year 2010/11, we reached a total of 31,799 patients
Youthhealthtalk enables young people, their family and friends, and professionals such as doctors and teachers to understand young people's experiences of health, illness and life in general. The website feature real-life accounts of issues such as effect on work and education, social life and relationships, consulting health professionals and treatment.
· Alzheimer’s Society website - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/
· Wakefield and Five Towns local Alzheimer’s Society office http://www.dementiaaction.org.uk/local_alliances/3857_wakefield_and_five_towns_dementia_action_alliance
· Carers UK http://www.carersuk.org/
· Carers Wakefield http://carerswakefield.org.uk/
· Age UK Wakefield http://www.ageuk.org.uk/wakefielddistrict/
· Dementia UK – https://www.dementiauk.org
· Dementia Friends - https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/;
· DEEP (Dementia Engagement & Empowerment Project) - http://dementiavoices.org.uk/;
Alzheimer’s Society webpage Living with Dementia publications - https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/info/20033/publications_and_factsheets
Copyright 2006 - 2018 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's